Monday, May 4, 2009

Trying to run...

It's official folks, I have that dreadful complaint where one attempts great feats before one has even accomplished the first step. In my case, it's trying to get fancy with watercolour when I haven't even learnt the basics of it. And let's not forget that I really should just be focussing on my sketching skills. Perspective is off. My eye, brain and hand don't seem to want to co-ordinate. But that's ok. I may have hair trigger enthusiasm and a dash of eager daring but I also have patience. I think. Hmm, actually how about we wait and see about that last one.


Today's sketch was drawn looking out a different window in my home - the vista I enjoy while blogging and taking care of all things admin. In the near distance is the water, which is very calming. Then I see the houses on the opposite side of the water - pretty much what I sketched in the first pen and wash. It's quite a relaxing view - as long as you don't mind the lack of greenery. I miss the colour green. I miss the enormous gums in my garden at home. I can't wait to be reunited with it again in July.

3 comments:

  1. You are a girl of many talents. How come I didn't know about this one. S'amazing. Enjoying this sojourn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perspective Perschmective ....
    It's beautiful. It's original. It's you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too kind, too kind. I gave up though due to technical difficulties with the scanner. And perhaps a serious lack of time in the last two weeks.

    ReplyDelete