Monday, May 4, 2009

Trouble at the scanner...yet again!


I admit. This is shoddy beyond belief. I'm having MAJOR issues with my scan and save facility. Or perhaps it's just that I haven't got a clue what I'm doing.

Still having to go via Mr's laptop but can only save to a few programmes. One of which is Word. I then have to convert that to another format - and that's when the games really begin. So, this is the farthest I've got today - and this is with yesterday's sketch. Gee...shish kebab! It's enough to make a girl give up on 'Every Day in May'.

Anyhoo...this sketch was done at the kids school yesterday. From the distance the building looks like a giant wave, hovering in the desert. It's very blue with touches of sand (yes, more sand) on the smaller facades. The biggest windows run the full three floors of the building. As I literally only had a couple of minutes this was as good as it got. I didn't have my sketch book with me so good old Filofax note pages made a handy sketch surface. What I really want to do is sit inside and draw the giant spiral staircase that winds up the three floors. Must do that some time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment