Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Return of the prodigal blogger...

A significant period of time has passed since I was last here. Twas never meant to be that way - it just evolved. Summer visited with vengence - forcing all ex-pats to flee the stinging heat. A flurry of activity in the old country. Some happy occurrances and some sad and unexpected events. This is life. It strikes whether we are strong or vulnerable, rich or poor. The beauty of it all is its cyclic nature and reassurance that if we are down, we must surely come up - and vice versa.


My greatest joy, after the summer exodus, was to discover that I am happy where I am. This may not be my location of choice. I may not have the privileges experienced and taken for granted in my previous life. But...I am happy. What a huge relief it was to feel and say it out loud. The return to my old life - for a few short weeks (which actually felt quite long) provided time for observation and reflection. Life, lived unconsciously, isn't as it seems. I'm awake now. And I'm so very grateful for all that is true in my life.

1 comment:

  1. That is so lovely. Thank goodness for that. Funny how being 'away' makes us appreciate being 'present'. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete