Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What...

...does one do when something doesn't quite work out as planned?













a. cry
b. stomp your feet
c. complain
d. go home, make a nice cuppa and do the thing you went to do in the first place.

I was quite excited this morning at the prospect of meeting with a group of avid knitters in my new home country. Rather than throw myself together at the last minute - which I'm apt to do. I organised myself. Packed a hand woven basket with a knitting and crochet project - because I also can't decide what I want to do so I need choices. Popped a couple of my favourite craft books to share at 'show and tell' and jumped in the beast. Traffic can be a pain here and today was no exception but I was patient. Parking wasn't a problem today. There was a spot with my name on it outside the organic cafe where this lively group meets. Looking like an older and not very red version of Little Red Riding Hood, I swung open the door of the cafe to find...it empty!

Back to the car. Less patience in the traffic returning home. Pop on the kettle. Prepare some left overs. One small cake for disappointment and Fred the voodoo doll for frustration.

3 comments:

  1. All of the above! Poor baby. Well the next best thing after knitting/eating with friends is of course knitting/eating alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obviously your new friends aren't a patch on us. (Imagine haughty sniff)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur! (Even more haughty sniff and nose elevated to the stars)

    ReplyDelete